Constellation Work is a vehicle for working through the difficult issues we face in our lives using the lens of the family system. Whether the challenges stem from depression or illness, difficult relationships or financial concerns, we help people uncover the roots of those issues by looking at the family over generations.
Developed by German psychologist, Bert Hellinger, Constellation Work is about belonging, about finding our place in the world through acknowledgement of what came before. It is an honoring, a reverence for the system that many describe as a turning point, a new beginning.
Of course, some of what occurred in the family may not be in our immediate awareness. Much of it is “put away” out of a necessary protection of what was unknown but deeply felt. As children, much of what happens in the family is kept from us or simply not acknowledged by the adults in our lives. But this turning away has consequences; out of a deep unconscious love and solidarity with those not seen or acknowledged, we begin to bear their burden, which was never really ours.
This identification process is at the core of what is called entanglement, and the pain resulting from it becomes the clue to our healing.
For many of us, it is not easy to imagine what it would be like to feel, not only what our family suffered with, but where they can give us strength. This work will get you deeply in touch with yourself through taking a look into both what took place in the family and how it effects our lives today. It is a unique view into the family dynamics and can inform not only what we struggle with, but also what gives us strength and resiliency.
There are several ways to experience a constellation
- Many begin joining our workshops. We offer both weekend workshops and Half day programs. Visit our calendar of events for schedule of upcoming workshops.
- It is also possible to experience this work in a private session, either in person or if you live out of the area, a phone session.
- We also offer professional development training's for therapists, educators and coaches who are looking to deepen in the work, adding a practical tool to their ongoing work with clients.
In a Constellation
Discover and learn about the natural order in your family system and how hidden loyalties might be holding you back from where you want to be in your life; healthier, more balanced, creative and in relationships that are satisfying and authentic.
Constellation work is often described as being helpful when other approaches fall short and can be a wonderful adjunct to other ongoing therapies and resources.
In all instances, this work requires, while at the same time deepens, a profound respect for the mystery of life and the forces that shape a family.
What are the benefits?
- Improve relationships with your current family and family of origin.
- Grow in your career and enhance your creativity.
- Feel connected and supported.
- Experience relationships that are balanced and satisfying.
- Experience more physical vitality and energy.
- Reconnect with deeper aspects of yourself.
- Positively effect individuals, communities, and organizations.
May 6 2017Constellation WorkshopNew York City
May 7 2017Walking in Your Shoes WorkshopNew York City